Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine’s Swap…Healthy Style!

 

hearts1

I love holidays, and I love presents - giving and receiving them.  After the success that we had with our first Christmas swap, Kenz and I have decided to host a Valentine's Day swap! =)

Many of us are on weight-loss journeys or just plan being healthy, so let's branch out with our gifts, staying away from 5 lb. chocolate bars, okay? ;)  Instead, send a wrapped present or a few wrapped presents (keeping the cost to about $25.)  Maybe you'll give the perfect journal or candle or lotion...or heck…maybe even a fitness video :)  (I personally love sending a box o’ goodies :))

If you're interested in taking part in the Valentine's Day swap, please sign up no later than Wednesday, February 3.  We will send you an e-mail with your partner's information and blog address no later than Sunday, February 6th so you can send your package no later than February 9th.

Once you've received your e-mail,  take a little time to read your partner's blog so you can get to know them a bit. Take it a step further and maybe you can shoot some emails back and forth. It will totally help when thinking of what they might like to receive. =)  And once you've received your package, please take some time to post about it on your blog.  It's a nice and easy way to say thank you while sharing what you received with the rest of us!

So here's a recap:

* Leave a comment with your e-mail address so we know how to contact you.

* Post about the swap on your blog and link back so others can join. Hey..everyone deserves a Valentine, right? :)

* Sign up before Wednesday, February 3rd at noon central time.

* Wait for an e-mail with your swap partner's information and blog address.

* Get your package out NO LATER than February 9th.

If you have any questions you can email Kenz or Janna at: shrinkingkenz@gmail.com or atxbikegirl@gmail.com!

* You will have a partner by Sunday, February 6th.

Then let the shopping, shipping and friend making BEGIN!!!

This is such a great way to make new friends! Please join the fun and do your part to make this an incredible swap! :) Kenz and I are definitely looking forward to it! :)

7 comments:

The Fat Mom said...

I'm in!

thefatmom@yahoo.com

Elizabeth said...

I AM SO IN! What a fun little idea!! elizabeth.illg@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Becky said...

What a great idea! I love it!

rebecca.m.winters@gmail.com

Amy said...

I'm all signed up with a post on my blog! amysue713@gmail.com

Cassie said...

Count me in Ccalleman@gmail.com

Jenn said...

I'm in. What a fun idea!

peeples.jennifer@gmail.com

Amy said...

This looks like fun! I did something like this when I was pregnant and a group of us had a virtual baby shower. It was really neat and I still have the little gifts I received!

petalpickingdesigns@gmail.com